"Welcome to the C.A.V.E." was introduced to me at a public city council meeting. Molly Andrew, one of the primary officers of "Find the Facts" which has evolved into "PG United", decided to put on a display after myself and Diane Moss asked for clarification on a water metering presentation. She stood at the podium and addressed the city's public works director by saying "welcome to the C.AV.E." and threw a candy to him. This caused me to question Molly Andrew after the meeting to find out the meaning of this phrase. So let me address the meaning and my feelings about it.
The C.A.V.E. ( Citizens Against Virtually Everything) is a new citizen classification given to Constitutional Conservatives in our city by the founders of "PG United" and "Find the Facts" organizations. Organizations that have stated that their mission is to support our city, promote our public safety and to unite our citizens. They also aggressively support and campaign for two of our sitting city council members races. They promote trying to fix the divide in our citizens in public but in private have given a label/classification to citizens that demeans and belittles one's core principles.
Who is now considered the C.A.V.E.? I'm sure these organizers have a clear list but let's explore the possibilities to this new classification of our citizens. You might be the C.A.V.E.:
1. If you respect, honor and promote the US Constitution.
2. If you speak out in opposition of any idea or action the city/government endorses.
3. If you think our government should be limited.
4. If you are against debt.
5. If you don't want any more taxes.
6. If you run against or vote against "their" candidates.
7. If you believe our government is and should be accountable to the people.
8. If you use your first amendment rights.
9. If you oppose and challenge the true purpose of "PG United" or "Find the Facts" organization.
10. If you question the city budget or the city spending.
11. If you think if an elected official takes an oath of office as stated, "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this State, and that I will discharge the duties of my office with fidelity.", that they should mean it.
12. If you use your freedom of speech on social media in opposition of their or our city's agenda, motives, and candidates/staff.
13. If you think the "NEEDS" of our city should have priority over the "WANTS".
The hypocrisy with these organizations was in the labeling of our citizens, the display of the true feelings and motivations at a city meeting by a founder and their propaganda to unite our city. I have become aware that this label/classification has been used in private and on Facebook long before my introduction to it last week. I guess it is the unclaimed slogan with the group of founders of "PG Untied" and "Find the Facts".
I waited to post this information for a couple of reasons. First I reached out to Molly Andrew with my disappointment and concerns. Molly Andrew felt she was completely justified and challenged the hypocrisy that I pointed out. The meeting was live streamed and the link is available on this site. You can watch and make up your mind by the display and the reactions of some city council members and staff to this public shaming of our citizenry. Second, I wanted to take the time to get past my initial reaction and emotions.
I am saddened and disappointed in this action from some of our citizenry towards others. When have those who really try to "support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States" become so disrespected? When has being Conservative become a means to mock and be labeled/classified so unkindly. Are we the C.A.V.E. or are we PATRIOTIC? Our city is divided not because of the opposition but because of the reactions towards the opposition. Until all citizens and political views are respected we will continue to be divided. A hateful label/classification being placed on citizens by PG United who are falsely promoting unity will divide us further and the healing may never take place.
Using my Voice!
PGVoices for responsible government following Constitutional principles. True Conservatives who stand for private property rights, limited government and a free market economy. This blog will be a combined effort to give you easy to understand researched local government information.